The NMMC Standing Committee has completed the debates on the income aspect of the NMMC Budget 2008-09. Lets take a quick at the highlights of the debate held on the income part of the proposed NMMC budget 2008-2009.
• Standing Committee Chairman Sandeep Naik suggested outsourcing to increase income source if apathy prevailed in the municipal administration.
• He suggested the outsourcing of cess to make in additional Rs 125 crore in cess.
• Eatries to be graded for fixation of hotel license fees.
• Standing Committee mooted taming ofcinema houses
• Sandeep Naik proposed a new account heads in the NMMC budget for joined development of Morbe Dam land, amusement Park, sale of excess water from Morbe and carbon credit.
• He called for amended proposal in General Body meet
• Ramakant Mhatre upholded Gaudian Minister Ganesh Naik’s proposal of 20 years advanced tax – Sandeep Naik orders administration to bring proposal for the same
After completion of debates on the income side, NMMC proposed budget for 2008-2009 of 1297 crore which may shoot upto a record 1500 crore revenue.